Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband pointed out that my 3/4-1" c.moorii (at least that's what they were sold to me as from a breeder) look just like my 3" deep water hap. Is that right? Or did I get tricked and bought 4 deep water haps?

·
Registered
623 Posts
They look similar but blue dolphins will sport 2-3 black dots sometimes along their sides. Where as deep water haps have that eye line and a stripe at the gill.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is some pictures of them, their color changes from light to dark, but when lighter you can see a line threw their eyes.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dolphins can get that line as well, however when you go to turn on the lights or feed them if you see a couple blotches once in a while on the side they're likely dolphins. Mine used to show them however now they usually look just like yours. Depends on their mood. I would assume they're c moori until proven otherwise.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed when I went down to take the pictures and just had the ceiling light on they were much darker, and blotchy, but after the lights came on they lightened up, and then that line threw their eyes appeared. :-?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just picked up 5 last night from a shop locally and they look exactly like yours. As juveniles, they do look like that. In several weeks they should start to color up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts