Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking bout getting one of these heaters for my 72 bow. I was wondering do anybody use them on they tanks and if so are they any good ? IM in the process of setting up my tank i have a Eheim 2217 running on it right now i have my rocks in there and have a Hydor Koralia Evolution on it right now . IM trying to figure out what kinda heater should i put on there so i can start cycling my tank .

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have the ETH 300. It is dead accurate (for now). It makes a noticeable click when it turns on and off so you know it is working.

They need to be mounted vertically so for me that means a circular loopish bend in my outlet tube.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the one im thinking about getting the ETH 300 . Yeah i read they need to be mounted vertically im seriously thinking about getting it . Thanks for the help

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have been running the 300ETH for 2 years + on 2-150's and they have been excellent - I just bought a few more to put on some other tanks. My experience has been that they have proven to be very accurate and hold the temps very steady. I have electronic thermometers on both tanks where they are running and the thermometers show any fluctuations in temperature up or down and record them - steady as a rock. I have them positioned on the outlets of Eheim cannisters. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use one because I don't want to fit a submersible heater in with a 3D styrofoam background. Been using it for over a year, with no issues. I'd give it a thumbs up :thumb: .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the imput . LFS tried to sell me one for $ 80 dollars LOL i told him i can order my own for $ 52 pluse free shipment

·
Registered
37 Posts
I, too, would heartily recommend these heaters, despite their slightly higher purchase price than many other types on the market (at least here in the UK). I use a 300 on my 450 litre bow-fronted aquarium and a 200 on a 4' x 1' x 18" tank and they have proved ultra-reliable. The only difficulty I have is getting everything in-line from the output of the external filter (UV steriliser and heater)!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again nice filter lol yeah mind is on its way I order it yesterday can't wait to get it

·
Registered
869 Posts
I wish HYDOR would upgrade the hose size and heating chamber to at least 3/4 inch inside diameter. That would allow for many more applications and be way more flexible for DIY'ers.

I think the 5/8 inch is way too restrictive once you figure in all the fittings. It greatly reduces the water flow of many canister filters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just finished my setup with a hydor 200w external heater. Its only been 1 week but it works great very accurate and no leaks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts