Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im posting this in the malawi section as this is an inquiry and gets good amount of traffic. It also has to do with malawi cichlids.

Im getting a 125 g tank, finally, and i also purchased fish that the seller still had in the tank. He was going to bring them to the local shop and get like $15 credit per fish on some extremely nice haps. So he sold them to me for $10, these guys are 5-7 inches easily. Livingstoni, Venestus, Compressicep, fusco, blue alhi, and a non hap frontosa and OB Peacock. However i still have 2-3 inch fish in my 90 that i will be moving over into the 125. Im a little worried on the little guys, dont want to lose any, and i can only have 1 tank. I have to make a DIY tank divider.

Has anyone built one? Specifically for larger tanks and fish.

So will this idea work for larger fish? if i cant keep the big guys i will rehome them, but i got a wicked deal and want to make it work until my blue dolphins grow out. The Frontosa will be rehomed once i find someone who can give it a good home.

This is the link

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/diy- ... ers-21866/

G

·
egg crate at home depot its a light diffuser and they sell it in the aisle they sell the the plastic that covers light fixtures its like 12 bucks for a big sheet of it.. cut it to fit... i have a bunch of small to large haps and peacocks and all of mine are fine the smaller guys kinda hide or run... but with venustus and livingstoni idk how good they would do as those guys are ambush predators

·
Registered
169 Posts
I used the eggcrate as described above but I hot glued sheets of the smallest mesh plastic canvas to it. Had to over lap the sheets a bit to ensure no holes but it did an awesome job.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I used 4 pieces of wood trim I had laying around. Used a staple gun to join the wood together then stapled window screen to the wood. The wood and staples were given a coat of polyurethane after assembly, so far so good, however it's not permanently in the tank, I just use it for netting fish more easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts