Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice work looks like it is coming along very nicely.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Glad you found some of my posts helpful. The silicone fumes are fun aren't they? ;) lol. I did my first one just holding my breath, then after that first one I went out and bought a full face respirator. You wouldn't think silicone fumes could be that bad but get it in an enclosed area like working in a tank and it'll burn your nose right off :D

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Looking good so far. What are you planning on coating the roots with? I read you said foam, but guessing something like great stuff or something like that?

As to color, I'd agree with the later of the two you are thinking (roots that have been submerged for a while). If you make them a lighter color like roots that have not been submerged I think the contrast may be a bit too mach against your shale color BG. So something that looks like it has been in the water longer will probably look best.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Cool look forward to seeing the progress. I use a lot of drylok and have used great stuff, but haven't tried grout. You'll have to be sure to post up your how your experience with it goes.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
it expanded a lot more than what I think the directions stated
Yep ain't that the truth :D I remember the first time I used it it started to grow like one of those kids toys you soak in water that expands, it must have expended 10x more than I thought it would lol

Looking good it's coming along very nicely.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I don't know why some cans of that stuff do that. I've had a few like that too. One can you have to squeeze the trigger so hard to get it to come out and then it comes out at a snails pace, then the next can shoots out like a fire hose. I've always wondered if it maybe has a shelf life and some cans are older than others perhaps.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
How goes the roots Kevin, any more progress on them lately? :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Coming along very cool looking.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Turned out really nice looking Kevin, I like it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Really got that natural look going now that it has some algae developing on it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts