Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i picked up a 360 gallon 96x36x24 and started on the stand today i will update as i go along, this is just like the stands i have made for past 220's

frame is done, bottom decking is done, and the top decking is done! , this will have 4 main doors across the front and a door on each end those i had to custom order so will be at least another week before they arrive but i will update this as i go along, if you want to get an idea of what it will look like when i am done you can search my threads for the 220 stands i have done in the past

one photo i didn't get was when i added cross members every 12" across the top under the top decking. in the pic it only shows them every 24" but they are every 12" being this is an acrylic tank

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Sweating when I saw picture 8 but felt much better seeing 9. Glad to see some direct support under that frame rather than using the fastener strength alone. Good show. :thumb:

Always happy to see those glue spots in picture 3 as well. I see nothing I would have done different.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Great job!

·
Registered
194 Posts
That finished stand looks awesome Joefish, great workmanship! I'm sure the next will be just as good. That 360 looks giant sitting in the back of the truck.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imaconvict said:
That finished stand looks awesome Joefish, great workmanship! I'm sure the next will be just as good. That 360 looks giant sitting in the back of the truck.
Thank you! i have made a few stands for 220's and for other size tanks as well, i enjoy working with wood. love the smell of wood. :)

and yeah its kinda big, sitting on the floor right now next to my 220 and its a big difference :thumb:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Your stand design was scaring me for a moment until I realized the 1st 2 pics were of the top and bottom rather than the sides :lol: Nice job -almost exactly how I built mine; you could sit a truck on top of that but I guess you know that already as you've done several. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so a little update. the custom doors arrived today! OAK 28" x 22" i had to wait for these to get here before i could go any further , again there will be 4 on the front and 1 on each end.

and yes i did Spray the top with a Dharma logo of he swan. you LOST fans will understand it!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have not forgot about my Fish friends. some set backs. the stand is done i just have to get it in my house. last week i had truck repairs to do. so no time to get it in. and yesterday was the day but then had Tornado's rip through here. and i lost power for 9 hours. thank god for battery back up pumps so i hope to have the stand inside and the tank on it with in the next few days. unfortunately its gonna take some extra hands to get it in the house.

pics to come as soon as i can get it in

the stand is stained and done.. like i said just gotta get it in the house and will get more pics soon!

·
Registered
497 Posts
You need to quit posting man. You have no idea the jealousy and disgust I get when seeing you work. It isn't fair to those of us that are less talented. Can't you build acrappy stand and post it for us just once :D

Seriously, you the man awesome build here and on the other link you posted. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can try? LOL but thanks man really! i enjoy doing it!

here is where i am now. got it moved in Friday night. i still have to get my 220 out of the way so i can get this in position and then finish up on plumbing etc.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gmaschke said:
darn there is an amendment that protects us from this I think its the 8th! :x

Not only are the stands super sweet thos tanks are BIG I love it. Makes me want to start building now.
Thank you!

and i am not 100% sure what i am adding to it with the Fronts yet.

here is where i am

closed loop is shut down for now

back is painted

tape off and dry

test fill

more updates to come.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts