Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
Whew.... feeling some serious 'MAN ENVY' on that workshop/garage thing you got going there. :eek:
-
Really love the darkened/weathered effect you produced with the re-purposed pine boards. And, working in all that nice black metal as a visual element to the stand, is artsy and really makes that beautiful wood pop.
It's super cool!
-
I do question your use of clear plastic for the overflows. Those will look pretty trick and nice initially, yes. But eventually, continued algae and water calcification buildup on those things will probably cause you some problems. That's why black acrylic is usually utilized for those sump overflows....
But, that is a really fantastic start to what looks like will someday be - a truly KILLER AQUARIUM.
Nice work! :)

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
Hmmmmm....
karpomatic1 said:
I did use Plasti-Dip to paint them black both inside and out. You can see them in the photos after the pic of the clear weir.
And yes - you did! A more careful look of your pics shows that you were totally prepared to deal with that problem. Nice work! :)
-
I've got some questions!
1) What is that nice looking creature shown in your avatar? It looks a bit like a Uaru or maybe a Chocolate Cichlid. But well....
2) What are you planning to set this tank up with? New World? African? (Please, NOT an aquatic 'turtle tank' or something!). Share your plans!
3) Are you gonna post up more pics of the build? For instance,. I'm mighty interested to see how you set up that sump for those overflows.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
Whew man.... that's TIGHT. :thumb:
-
My fave are those Uaru's. That's a really nice group, and they all look well-kept and healthy. Your Tiger Oscar comes in as a close second. He looks great and his colors are nice and bright.
Beautiful job on the build! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts