Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been determined that in the next few months I will be moving so it goes without saying I am going to have to break down my tank which leads me to believe that prior to the move I can have a BG all carved up painted and ready to rock once we finish the move, so I ask where do you guys find the styrofoam that u carve up, or do u guys buy thin sheets and glue them together?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just used a combination of 1" and 2" styrofoam sheets and siliconed them together.

I'm still cycling the water to leach anything out of the cement before I start cycling for fish.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I also used 1" styrofoam sheets and siliconed them together. Skip the cement and use Drylok it's way easier, faster cure time, and no leaching.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a similar problem created by my tropheus colony. They seem to like to pick at it and make it even worse. I recently posted this question under "temporary background fix" and received some advice for repair.

I was told that someone else had used "QuikCrete Hydraulic Water-Stop Cement." He said it came premixed in buckets, and that he applied it underwater in a running tank with fish with no problems. I HAVE NOT tried this, and am trying to do some research on this, because in concept, it seems like a good idea, just not sure what happens during the curing process, and would love some re-assuring from others that this is a good idea. Thought I could post this here, since it would work for your problem too, if it is safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts