Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I am attempting a 3d background.. I have completed the styrofoam mold, but wondering what to paint it with.. I got some quikrete 30 min mix that I planned on using with latex paint. I read about using marine grade epoxy resin, and thought it was a good idea, but called the manufacturer and they said that the resin would seep more contaminents than the concrete by itself. Any suggestions?

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also Im planning on using magnets to hold it up.. I am only making an approx. 8"x8" shelf-like piece to start. I have pregnated it with magnets hoping they work..

Yay? Nay?

Making sure im not wasting my time...
Thank you!!!!

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the input.. I was hoping to add just a bit of weight with the concrete and the magnets to keep it in place. This is just a forerunner for a larger later, for this is just a shelf like structure in the middle of the column. I already started painting with the concrete. I hope it works! I plan on soaking and soaking before actually putting into the aquarium, mainly wondering if I need to seal with something, or if the set concrete is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.