Cichlid Fish Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Is that why they cost so much? Wow, thanks for the info, Are the neo magnets expensive? They seem like they would work well for these modules. I think open cell foam would work to reduce bouancy isuses.

·
Registered
496 Posts
No the neomagnets are actualy fairly cheap, verry strong as well as small you can find them HERE but please note the warnings for them and that the sheer weight they can hold is 1\3 of the pull force. but that said I think they could work for a BG aplication. and yes the over seas shiping on an object that large and posibly hevey is the reason for the high price of the back grounds like back to nature and pangea if there was some one in the states that manufactured them they would be more resonably priced. the pangea backgrounds are expensive any way and then add shipping it wasnt worth it to me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thanks for the link foe neo magnets> I think I will give them a try on my next tank

Namaste
Craig

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I bought some of those neo magnets. I think they can work, I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
496 Posts
yeah I bought a couple just to play with and I think with some planning they could work. I also saw on the web site I linked that they do have some that are coated in plastic witch might be better for use in water

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I can't find the plastic ones. Please send me a link. Thank you
Craig :fish:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
thank you for the link. I am going to experiment with the neo magnets. I will let you know what happens

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I want to put some live plants in the tank anyone know a good mail order place for live plants?

·
Registered
81 Posts
any updates on the neo magnets?

what would you do if you were building a tank out of plywood. start to finish. You could incorporate any background in any way you choose since you can drill or whatever. How would do you this?

I'm planning a 500 gallon wood tank so I can drill as a I see fit, or attach brackets or whatever. What do you think would be the best way to do this?

I dont mind sealing my background to the wall so it's not removable, nor do I mind not sealing it so it's always removable. it doesn't matter to me.

I dont really want to worry about adding an additional 600 pounds of rocks to the already outrageous weight though. Styrofoam molded and cemented would probably work best, but would lack that truly realistic look. I could always do full styrofoam molded as best I could, then add real rock and even real wood to it...hrmmm

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Thank you is way to inadaquit for your sharing..this project was so well documented my jaw is just now coming up off the floor..totally awsome.
btw..love the avatar

61 - 80 of 87 Posts