Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got inspired by a few posts of some DIY AIO systems that I saw on this forum and decided I'd try to make my own with a spare tank I had lying around.

Here's what I have so far:

Just finished "siliconing" it into the tank, that's why the cardboard is there; to keep it in place.
I think I'm gonna have to silicone over some parts cuz I suck at it and I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a leak somewhere if I don't.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge into saltwater, so I'm probably gonna keep a pair of shelldwellers in there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ran a 2.5 pico FOWLR system for a little while...about 6 months. Kept it simple with 2 damsels. I didn't make an integrated system like you did, though I wanted to. I just went with an aqueon 10 gallon filter I had hanging around and turned it into a fuge.

It was a lot of fun. I want to start another pico setup, but don't want to go out and spend any more on SW gear.

I think I'm going to take the same setup, convert it back to Freshwater and setup a small tank. I have a peacock unknown sump baby that I need to catch and a few shoots from my main tank's java ferns so I may start a "frag" tank of sorts with them.

Well done on yours. The beauty is how capable small systems liek that can be once they become established.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts