Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
A question has been posed on another forum in relation to GK's and information on them. I have always struggled to see any difference between Golden Kazumba and Kachese. They both appear to have the same colouration and facial masking. There is plenty of information on Kachese, but you cannot find anything on Kazumba or Golden Kazumba in the Tropheus Aqualog.
Does anyone have an opinion on the two? Are there any differences? Could they be the same fish?
Any info would be appreciated.
cheers
shane

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only it were that easy. In your pic they appear more red than yellow. Having said that, I have seen references to yellow and red kachese. I don't know if there are two different types. If you have a look in the Tropheus Aqualog (pg 148), the kachese do not look like the one you have found a photo for, they look like the Golden Kazumba.
Try a google image search and see what I mean http://images.google.com.au/images?...GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I have over 40 kachese and whilst they don't all look like the kachese shown in the first pic, none of them look anything like the g.k's in the second pic. The only time they go really red, is during water changes, when they are showing their frightened colours. They never go yellow/gold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts