Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly, I didn't cry when my first oscar died. I don't know why, but every time I lost one of my pets, I usually cry, but when my O died, I didn't...I felt so sad about that and easily moved on...

How about you? How do you feel when one of your fish die?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just a bit frustrated and a bit depressed perhaps. I try to care well for them, but they are fish, not people (or dogs or cats...). If they are fish that I've managed to keep alive and healthy for a long time I am thankful for the years of enjoyment they have given me, and for having been able to provide them a decent life.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Just a bit frustrated and angry.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I feel a bit guilty and frustrated if it was a result of neglect or error on my part. I do have some fish that I feel a bit more attached to, but they are no where near the same level as my dog. I see my tanks, as an attempt to reproduce nature in my home. I'm more attached to the environment as a whole than the individual elements of it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I cried when I lost two fish that cost me close to $300, but the emotional attachment wasn't to the fish. :x

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm not much of a "crier" to begin with, but to be honest I do get upset. My fish are my buds, they sit in my office in a 75 gallon tank (where I spend most of my time), when I take a break from typing away I lean back and watch them, roll up to the tank and say hi, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Closest I came was when my breeding male Cobalt blue discus died. I had a narly driftwood root ball. he must have had a nite fright and he got his head wedged between two branches. It held his gill covers closed & he suffocated. I sold the two red turquoise females he bred with & tore down the tank.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Chromedome52 said:
I cried when I lost two fish that cost me close to $300, but the emotional attachment wasn't to the fish. :x
Lost 13 adult zebra plecos once when i had an electrical problem.
was pretty angry though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
lost too many fish to count and always upset by it. Almost always find them dead. The only time I cried was watching my first brevis die as what I can only assume was my stirring up gases, etc during a water change. It was pretty gruesome I I felt more directly responsible than any other death, even though I know I own the ending of the majority of my fish. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts