Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 Kipili F1 Fronts that I am looking to part ways with and 'upgrade' to F1 Moba's. 2 obsticles I'm having - 1. Determining value for the 6 kipilis (sorta hard to find/come by - price wise) and 2. finding F1 Mobas that aren't overly priced.

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

These guys are at least double the size in the pictures. These were from last October I believe.

Does anyone know if the Kipli varient grows trailers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Charles said:
You have a mix in there. Last picture is a burundi. Second to the last picture, fish at the background could be a burundi but need to see the face bar. Though, the rest are tanz. type.

Value of fish depends on the buyer.
I agree, the fish are only worth what a person is willing to pay, and how long are you willing to hold on to them. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys - I took better pictures this am. Here are the Kipili. I've heard that Mobas are going for $30/inch. I didn't know how to accordingly price the Kipilis....if they would be $10/inch or what. I know they're a little harder to come by. Most of mine are at least 5-6".

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
A dealer would sell them WC at 5-6 inches in the 70-100 range.
From a private seller, i'd expect to pay 60 each for WC that size, about 40-50 each max for F1's that size.

Thats in california, your area may be different to due demand, or lack of it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm selling my WC for about $50 a piece, but they are Blue Bismark, also not found often. Mine are a little bigger, 7", and proven breeders, but I think you could get $40 a piece for yours. They look really nice. Helps sell them if they are breeders and if you have a good male/female ratio.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Do you have any ads you can look at for fronts of that size in your area ? For example if they are selling (and people are buying ) adult burundi for x amount of dollars each or x amount for a group then you can adjust your price accordingly for the rarer type.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
JNJSAD said:
...finding F1 Mobas that aren't overly priced...
I would guess F1 Moba fry to cost between $30 to $40 each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts