Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Neolamprologus: tretocephalus amongst other breeds such as Melanochromis: cyanerhabdos (maingano) and Labidochromis: caeruleus for which ONLY the two fish have shown a dramatic decrease in their health, today i checked on them again only to find out that their fins have been what looks like eaten and are having obvious signs of difficulty swimming now.
I'm unsure what to to do because if i can save them i want to do something about it! Please help!!!!
If this is too late how to i stop this from happening in the future :S im new to looking after cichlid breeds and want to know if theres something im doing wrong :S

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
Are the other fish nipping the fins of the trets? Or is a disease rotting them away?

I'd separate the trets from the mbuna, it would not surprise me to find the Maingano are nipping the trets.

If the problem is due to aggression, the tret fins will regrow in a hospital tank with clean water and you can return them to the fish store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.