Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the best pic's but thought I would share a few. 110 gallon tank.
Acei,Labs and Rustys.

The install was pretty easy with a little trim, I did leave about a 2" gap at the top for the HOB's to flow out over and the fish can swim behind it, but have plenty of places to escape if they want.
This back ground is only half of Pombo rock background cut diagonally. It is holding itself in place with a couple of rocks placed in the right places and it's own buoyancy forcing against the top with some spaces between and does not move around at all. I think the rocks will look better and more natural with the algae growth thats already happening, Overall I am pretty happy with the outcome and I like the fact I can remove it at anytime if I choose vs having it silicone'd in and permanent . :D

Any suggestions or changes would love to hear them!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I like the depth it gives it!

How far does that stick out into the tank at the furthest point?

Is the other half similar? Like could you do the same thing on another tank with the other peice?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xxbenjamminxx said:
I like the depth it gives it!

How far does that stick out into the tank at the furthest point?

Is the other half similar? Like could you do the same thing on another tank with the other peice?
It sticks out about 8 to 9 inches, and yes I believe you could use the other half. They cut it for me. I won't go into pricing but if interested PM me.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dragoon said:
I know they look great, but is 8-9 inches of space lost in a tank really worth it? Seems like alot of space lost.
I think in some tanks/backgrounds probably not, mine they can swim behind it from below then up and over back into the front, the fish don't seem to mind. one of the Acei just keeps swimming one route over and over.

90 some views though and only a couple of replies, maybe it doesn't look that good? :?

·
Registered
31 Posts
:thumb:
I think it makes the whole scene look even more realistic. I am a fan of how the "real" looking backgrounds look, but this takes that to a new level.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Looks good :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts