Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I spent time re-arranging my rocks once again. My wife doesn't understand it why I keep doing it and I have to listen to her lecture on time management. I think some of you know the feeling I go through? :? Well, when I was done I was satisfied.

So this morning, before work, I was excited to take some photos to share with you. The sun wasn't up so no glare to deal with and it gave time for the water to settle (no cloud) over night.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think. Please tell me if there's anything I can do to make the tank look better. Eg. move this here, add this there, remove completely, etc.

Tank equipment:
75 gallon glass
300W heater
Eheim 2075 can filter
Koralia Power Head 750
LED lighting
White reef sand
Lace rock with splash of lava rocks for accent
Fake wood

Photo equipment and settings:
Canon Rebel T2i, 15-85mm lens. Tv mode at 1/250, f/4, ISO3200. No flash, however with light support from tank LED only.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Looks great. :) What is your stock list?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Melanochromis said:
Looks great. :) What is your stock list?
I'm glad you asked.

2 aulonocara baenschi 'sunshine peacock' male/female
1 aulonocara stuartgranti 'german red peacock'
2 aulonocara xxx 'strawberry peacock' (questionable on the technical name) male/female
1 aulonocara xxx 'fire/ruby peacock' (questionable on the technical name)
1 aulonocara jacobfreibergi 'lemon jake'
1 aulonocara xxx 'neon blue peacock' (questionable on the technical name)
2 copadichromis borleyi 'red fin crock rock' male/female
3 labidochromis caeruleus 'yellow lab'
1 nimbochromis venustus 'giraffe pattern' I was told male but I think I have a female
1 plecostromis
1 protomelas steveni taiwan 'taiwanese reef'
3 protomelas taeniolatus 'red empress'
1 sciaenochromis fryeri 'electric blue'

What do you think? Overstock, understock, just right? Many of the fish I have are not fully grown and haven't shown yet.

LFS somehow convinced me to order pairs (male/female) and say if I want the fish to show, I will need to have a female present. Hence I have two on some.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah looks great Des! You have some nice pieces of lace rock there. How is the Venustus geting along with the others? I will be stocking my tank with Haps and Peacocks, once my cycling is done in a few weeks. And that is one of the fish I wanted.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Irish Johnny said:
Yeah looks great Des! You have some nice pieces of lace rock there. How is the Venustus geting along with the others? I will be stocking my tank with Haps and Peacocks, once my cycling is done in a few weeks. And that is one of the fish I wanted.
Thanks. The venustus is getting along with the other quite well actually. Good luck on your tank and be sure to post pics when it's ready.

·
Registered
281 Posts
have you any close ups of the copadichromis borleyi 'red fin .
i have 2 juvies and if i have a male i would like to see what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I dont think female venustus develop any blue in their face. I had two I grew out to about 6-7 inches and while they had plenty of yellow, never any blue.

·
Registered
281 Posts
thanks for that, mine look like the female, however they are only about an inch.
they do look slightly different to each other, one is darker and chases the other around.
what size did yours start to colour up.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
simo1973 said:
thanks for that, mine look like the female, however they are only about an inch.
they do look slightly different to each other, one is darker and chases the other around.
what size did yours start to colour up.
I purchased the pair about two and a half weeks ago so I didn't have to wait for them to colour. I am hoping that the male will develop more red along it's body. My guess would be at 2" the male would start to colour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.