Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found some after searching for a few weeks. Was hoping to find a breeder so as to avoid the ridiculous prices, but no such luck.
First time stocking them and I have to say, no one was kidding when they mentioned high conspecific aggression.
Added 15 and they weren't in the tank 5 minutes before I noticed a pair circling at opposite ends of the tank and another pair in the middle, lol. Should be good times ahead... :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
40,483 Posts
Ah, welcome to the dark side. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Congrats! I love em.

And I was just bagging up these ones I have here for ya too. Lol if we lived closer u could get a bunch cheap....

·
Registered
328 Posts
They like to fight, that's for sure. When I'm looking for some entertainment I'll watch my demasoni tank. But when I just want to sit back and relax I'll turn around and watch my tang tank across the room. Like night and day. It's nice to have both :)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xxbenjamminxx said:
Congrats! I love em.

And I was just bagging up these ones I have here for ya too. Lol if we lived closer u could get a bunch cheap....
lol, it's the thought that counts :wink:
Judging by what I've seen today, I'm going to need to clear some fry tank space soon for the girls. Not an easy task considering I just saw another holding lab today. Makes 5 in the last 3 weeks or so.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yes id start tonight. Im up too 5 holding dems now and already have 15 in the fry tank as it is. Reminds me of the old energizer bunny commercials!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm growing out 8-9 dems. If I was devoted to my up coming hap tank I would definitely keep a colony. They're still small but the color is great. Maybe I will keep a single male, who knows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts