Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question - can dems and salousi co-exist peacefully? I have a big male salousi, and would love to have some dems one day, but won't add them if they will fight horribly. The big male is one of my favorites. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey man hate to be the baron of bad news id say this is a bad idea :( demosoni are vicious dwarfs mostly only to there own species or anything thats blue with stripes and like you said yours is a male(blue) iv kept these guys for awhile and one day i decided to buy a adult jalo reef pare for breeding ,,,introduced them to my tank 2,3 days later the pare were dead :x they are rightly named DEMON (demosoni) if you were to this i would only introduce juvenilles alot smaller than your adult and preferably female,,good look telling the difference when there that size :lol: but seriously id strongly advise against risking your fave fish :thumb: may i suggest cynotilapia jalo reef(afra redtop) these fish are a lovely mixture of blue and dark blue and have a great temperment :thumb:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought, but wanted to double check.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have about 8 Demasoni with about 3-4 Soalosi in my 125 gallon tank who do not fight at all. Id say it depends on the situation and how old you have them when they are together. I mixed mine when they were juviniles about 1.5 inches and after 7 months have never lost one. So I would say yes they can.. but depends on the situation.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If there is a chance, then I'm not going to take it. That male saulosi is my fav, and I don't want to put anything in there that might make him loose color. He's a stunner when colored up. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
QHgal said:
If there is a chance, then I'm not going to take it. That male saulosi is my fav, and I don't want to put anything in there that might make him loose color. He's a stunner when colored up. :)
agreed man :wink: its not worth thr risk i doubt your tank is 125gallon either :thumb:

·
Registered
823 Posts
dems arent too bad.... But its not recommended for the fact that they are more inclined to fight and hybridize. The jalo reef story is interesting, as I have a quad with my dems and they dont fight

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually my tank IS a 125, but I'm still not chancing it. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts