Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
The place I bought them from was selling them for $25 each, or 3 for $60. I bought 3, then went back and got another 3, then went back and got another 6 for $100 (because I asked for that price). So in total, it cost me $220 dollars for 12, if I paid $25 dollars each it would have cost me $300. You would probably be able to get them cheaper than I did by buying fry privately.

Not a bad idea to get more than 12 though, as you may have to remove some if they get too brutal. I am removing my dominant male today, because I have at least three fish with badly nipped fins due to his hyper-aggresiveness :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,841 Posts
jordanroda said:
$4.99 each in Los Angeles :lol:
Since most of us don't live in LA..... I think the price depends on supply/demand in your area. Most will find better quality and lesser prices buying from true hobbyist. In Florida, if I purchased from a LFS $20 each, from a hobbyist $5-8 each. Search around before you buy. And, if a lot of other people are keeping in your area, find a rarer (for your area) fish to keep to trade to the LFS. Apparantly LA is overrun with Demasoni. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
639 Posts
mornings said:
I am removing my dominant male today, because I have at least three fish with badly nipped fins due to his hyper-aggresiveness :(
"To the winner go the spoils". Why not remove the sub-doms and let the king have his harem?...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Floridagirl said:
jordanroda said:
$4.99 each in Los Angeles :lol:
Since most of us don't live in LA..... I think the price depends on supply/demand in your area. Most will find better quality and lesser prices buying from true hobbyist. In Florida, if I purchased from a LFS $20 each, from a hobbyist $5-8 each. Search around before you buy. And, if a lot of other people are keeping in your area, find a rarer (for your area) fish to keep to trade to the LFS. Apparantly LA is overrun with Demasoni. :)
Nope! that is where u are wrong...I bought these fish cuz it was the 1st time I ever seen them at Lfs :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
eeztropheus said:
mornings said:
I am removing my dominant male today, because I have at least three fish with badly nipped fins due to his hyper-aggresiveness :(
"To the winner go the spoils". Why not remove the sub-doms and let the king have his harem?...
because he beats up on everyone. Even one of my catfish is missing half a whisker.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
40,494 Posts
Wow. Mine were $14 each at a LFS five years ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I bought mine yesterday. 21 deamasonis for 500$. I didn't know that the fish is included in the UN's sanctions against Ahmadinejad's government, now I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah would really like to know a hobbiest but dont really know any to buy them odefinately but I dont know any so may have to pay full price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
joelmjd - have you bought from them? I also found this site online. Was not sure about them, it seemed too cheap.

situation - i too would be keen to know about demasoni breeders in aus. Any aussies know of any?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I have thought about buying online but bit scared of what condition the fish come in and how long they take to arrive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I have thought about buying online but bit scared of what condition the fish come in and how long they take to arrive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
there only one lfs that sell dem. it cost $6 to $7 each. and it hard to come by they normally be sold out or only 1-2 left. they will specail order it for you. they will call you up to go check the fish and hold the fish for a week if you request them. that why i don't by dem. it take to long to get them it usually their next shipment and who know how long that be :( .
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top