Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know, is a 10 gallon sufficient to grow demasoni fry large enough to throw back in with the colony?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not really. I use a 20g long and I have some issues. They are little demons at a small size, lol. Ud prob lose quite a few in a 10 g.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just grew out a dozen in a 10gal. I had no problems. They are all safely swimming in my 75gal now. How many you looking to raise?

·
Registered
216 Posts
All depends on the quantity, to be honest. I've grown 'em out in a 10, and I've grown 'em out in a 20L. For one clutch a 10 will be fine. Be prepared for how long they'll occupy that tank though. ;-)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric_S said:
I just grew out a dozen in a 10gal. I had no problems. They are all safely swimming in my 75gal now. How many you looking to raise?
About a week ago I stocked my 55gal with 11 decent sized dems. That being said, I am ready to raise as many fry as are produced.

I already have a 10 gallon fry tank setup so i was hoping that between the ten gallon and my large breeder baskets I will have the space to properly raise/circulate the fry back into the 55. I guess if i ran into problems i could always pick up a 20g on craigslist for cheap.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have no problem getting them to 1" in a 10g. After that they either get sold or moved to a larger growout tank, or put back in the main tank. I often have 1-2 broods in the 10g with a new clutch in the breeder box as well. When the new clutch is ready, I do a tank shuffle. As always when talking about dems, I point out that I have not had serious aggression problems with my colony like others, so that may make a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts