Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Been breeding demasoni successfully for about a year now and the last batch of fry half have died. The only thing I did different was I moved the mum out the nursing tank the day after she spat and put the fry straight into the grow out tank the following day after that. Normally I would leave the mum and fry together for about 3/4 days as she normally takes them back into her mouth a few times befire she gives them up. Did it as I needed the nursing tank for another holding female. Tested the water on the grow out tank and ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrates 20 which is all normal. Only thing I can say is I added the fry about a week ago and the ones that died where still tiny and very very thin so clearly not eating. I do water changes every 2/3 days and fed twice a day. Is it possible to get a weak batch? Thanks

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The maternity tank is always set up and running. It had around 20 other fry that were about 3/4 weeks older than them in it. Water condition was all fine and still is

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thank you. I have two more holding so I will change tack on these. I'll do water changes using water from the adult tank. I also will not mix any fry until they are bigger. I normally do wait sometimes we'll over week. This particular batch are still sitting on the bottom whilst the older ones in the grow out are about 1cm. Think I have mixed them way to early

1 - 3 of 3 Posts