Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to change my 55 over to a mbuna tank and im thinking about doing 10 demasoni and 5 flavus.Anybody out their ever attempted this?Any feed back would be appreciated

·
Registered
823 Posts
not recommended to mix to blue barred species. fighting will prob ensue

·
Registered
67 Posts
Right now I keep them with fuelleburnis and labs and socolofis. and they completely ignore each other. Female flavus are drab and I think 4 female is not enough for controling the male's agressiveness.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted to do demasoni and labs but i talked to some1 and they said wasnt a good idea because the labs would get bullied to death, so decided to maybe try the flavus instead but it sounds like that may not be the best thing either.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Whoever u spoke do doesn't know what they are talking about. Labs and dems is one of the most common and pleasing mixes out there. I have no probe and I have the mix in my tank as well

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats kinda what i thought. So do u think 10 dems and 5 labs would work?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am not experienced enough but I think
Labs are not aggressive and usually dems let them alone. In my tank dems chase each other and completely ignore the other inhabitants. In the case of male flavus that I have, it also ignores the dems and only fights with the male fuelleburni any time and any place.
Mixing labs and dems is possible and gives you a nice combination of colors but I love my flavus and prefer it to the common labs. Finally its your tank choose the fish that you like and hopefully your choice will be successful.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The demasoni article from the library is here.

kevin

·
Registered
92 Posts
my problem is demonsoni is nasty males. I had 2 nasty males that fought with eachother, so I removed one. and now he schreded all the females. the labs do not eat as well as the demonsoni. the demonsoni are more agressive at feeding time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts