Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first started keeping my cichlids about 7-8 months ago i was all excited about the chance that they might spawn. my first spawn was my eureka jakes. got about 7 fry that are now about 2.5 months old. then my red empress, with 7 more fry. about 1 month old now. and now both my empress and my jake are holding again! plus, i just found my first holding female in my yellow lab species tank! gah! i have no more room for babies! lol! :lol:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
:lol: Yeah everyone kept saying that once they start...... Had a Demasoni that didnt hold the the full term, so was a little disappointed. Within days I have a Red Ruben Peacock and 2 more Dems holding. Hopefully they will make it this time, since so far so good at about 13 days into it now. Think of how much money you will save not having to buy fish anymore,...... Or how much money you will get to spend to house all these little guys!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yup. I had 4 holding mbuna in my 125 at once. Only 1 hospital tank, 2 grow out tanks.

Right now I have 2 sets of fry in the hospital tank; the 2 grow out tanks have about 10 fish in each.

Dunno what I'm gonna do once they get big enough to go in the 125 though... would have to pull something out... :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts