Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these at my LFS and look nice, are they okay to go in a all male peacock hap tank? Not sure if there anything different about them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's beautiful! I didnt know about them until a few days ago when shopping around. I love the lighter blue color.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Great fish. Way back before they renamed the lake I had these. At that time they were known as aulnacara Nyassa. They were also called peacocks! My how times change. They grew big and spawned easily but there was no known cause or cure for Malawi bloat at that time and I lost them all. If I had a spare tank, I would go with them again.

All the above is one reason I have a hard time following the current "rules". I find the rules keep changing as we learn more.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have one in my all-male setup (see my tanks). He's doing beautifully, one of my favorite fish I have. He was a little subdued here, his black striping is usually much darker and defined.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have 2, bought 8 but had a transport problem. Awesome looking fish, nice temperment so far and seems to holds it own but my fish are quite young.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I recently picked up an adult pair and I'm loving how well they get along with one another. I'm really hoping to raise some fry in the next few months. Here's a few pictures of my 8" male "Big John" and female "little Debbie".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts