Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a few weeks of working out a tank problem, we are finally at the decorating stage. Feel free to comment, whether good or bad. Removed some water for displacement, so thats why it looks low and cloudiness is from stirring up everything....;). Also going to add some tall plants to give it a full look but still reading up on that idea.

Still on the fence about keeping mbuna or peacocks, although the peacocks looks really nice and have a personality all their own. Now, starting the cycling process and should be adding our first fish within a few weeks.....will post updates soon....cheers!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've bought some lace and lava rock but now prefer the look of the rounded flat river rock like you have in your tank. I'm looking for some larger ones to start the base and build the rocks up higher and place piles on each side of the tank. Also hope to find 4 or 5 that can stand on end about 12 - 18".

To answer your question, nice aquarium, it's looking good and plants will add to the look :thumb: (and more rocks IMO )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the comments guys.....amazing how small the footprint is once you start decorating. Hoping the fish will be happy in their new home..;)

Yeah, plants will add more depth and adding some more rock caves soon....;) Cheers!!

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank? Mbuna like more rocks than peacocks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey DJ....dimensions are 30L x 18W x 24H

I know, such an odd size and not really the best footprint, but for now we have to go with it. Just read some information about dwarf cichlids and may put them on the "possibility" list. Not interested in angels or discus right now.

Looking to house 8-15 fish if possible.....so I know that seriously limits my choices, just hope not so much where I wont be able to keep colorful and more active fish. Also going with a syno or bristlenose for cleaning patrol.

·
Super Moderator
40,891 Posts
Well peacocks are going to give you one colorful fish so maybe they don't fit your criteria.

Maybe a dozen Pseudotropheus saulosi, but you would really be pushing the envelope. There is a pic of a successful 30" saulosi tank that everyone loves (JohnLabbe I think) but you don't see successful 30" tanks with a dozen mbuna very often.

Best of luck with your experiment! And if you decide mbuna...I would fill the tank half full of rocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts