Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I received an order for White Tops. At the time I opened it I noticed one of the ten was full color but not being familiar with the species and their being juvies I kept him. I just ordered two more males which confirmed what I had since concluded. It's a Demasoni. Now I'm in a bit of a dilemma. What do I do with one Demasoni? Breeder said the picture I sent confirmed it to be a Demasoni but thought it looked beat up. Think it was the quality of the picture but he said I could just euthanize it. Well I hate to do that but don't know what to do with one lone Demasoni. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Sell it to the LFS for 1/3 the retail value in store credit. Or take it to an auction.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DJRansome said:
Sell it to the LFS for 1/3 the retail value in store credit. Or take it to an auction.
I can see if a lfs would do that. Considering possibly getting more and moving fish around. I have a thirty gallon that's 36"long or possibly getting my second freed up. How many do I get for the 30gallon if I were to use that? I have a 55 but that has two Angels in that. Thanks for your suggestion. :-?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have to local lfs's and neither will buy or give store credit for fish. What's wrong with demasoni? I have two and they really don't mess with anyone.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ironspider said:
I have to local lfs's and neither will buy or give store credit for fish. What's wrong with demasoni? I have two and they really don't mess with anyone.
Received one demasoni in error with shipment from online breeder. He is in qt tank and treated for some fin damage and is fine now. My concern is he is my only one and worried about returning him to tank with White Tops and Yellow Labs. Concerns are Will he get along with others and also with no females in the tank other than the Yellow labs and White tops will he cross breed.

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Yes he will cross breed. My demasoni seemed to intimidate my hara over a period of two years...the hara were much brighter and females lived much longer when they were in a demasoni-free tank.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well for now I'm going to give him his own home in a ten gallon. I'm going to add a few rocks and sand for him to enjoy. Can't bring myself to euthanize a healthy fish. :fish:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts