Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think a group of very large (6" ) duboisi or go with some juvie kiriza? Cant decide. Opinions please. :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you are looking to breed... I would get a good group of juvies and grow them out, because chances are if someone is selling a group of "large" tropheus they either stopped breeding or they are all males. This is not always the case, but for some reason I have noticed it is hard to TRUST anyone when it comes to trophs. :wink:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
"If you are looking to breed... I would get a good group of juvies and grow them out, because chances are if someone is selling a group of "large" tropheus they either stopped breeding or they are all males. This is not always the case, but for some reason I have noticed it is hard to TRUST anyone when it comes to trophs."
Deeply cynical but I tend to agree. 8)
Troph are big money and there may be sharks about (for sure there are here), take care and check it out. :thumb: Ask and keep asking and judge or post here with the answers, could be fun. :wink:
kiriza can be a bit hard on each other but get good interest in the young, dubs easy to breed and a bit more mellow usually, price reflects this in many cases.
Me I would tend to go for the closer to wild and rep of the guy selling em.
Your tank size and numbers of male and female also a big factor.

So many things to think about and not given in your post, no wonder there is no right answer. :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dubs are breeders with 3 holding right now. They will be going into a 125g. Both are from reputable people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.