Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Prime for years, but was curious what else people use for dechlorinator. I was at LFS and one of the guys there told me they use a powder dechlor for their tanks. I have not seen such a dechlor.

Prime lasts quite a while, but I always overdose and it does go by pretty quick with all my tanks and water changes. I realize Prime does more than dechlorinate, but am generally curious what else is being used out there.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I use sodium thiosulfate crystals and mix up my own, but I don't have chloramine in my tap, just chlorine. If I did, I'd use Ammolock because it only dechlorinates and doesn't do all that other stuff that I don't need it to do like irritate my fish into producing additional slime coating. They make that sound lilke a good thing on the bottle, but I don't think it is.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
frank1rizzo said:
i use cloram-X
Maybe that is what they were talking about. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Seachem Safe is a concentrated powder version of Prime. Switched over to Safe, as it is even more cost efficent but hard to find!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kinesis said:
Seachem Safe is a concentrated powder version of Prime. Switched over to Safe, as it is even more cost efficent but hard to find!
Thanks! You can find anything online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.