Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:x i have a 65 gallon tall and i i let it cycle for 3 weeks and tested it and the water was perfect so i added 6 rainbows to start off the next morning the were all dead. i re tested and the water was still good i returned the fish and did a 60% water change and the replacements also died, with in 3 hours. my plecos were fine but every other fish that hit the tank they died. not just rainbows but geophagus and danios.... the water was also tested at the pet store and i was told it was the best sample he had in the last year. there was no visible disease and no chemicals were used to clean out the tank either. so does anyone have any idea what could have caused this???? nitrates nitrites and ammonia were all at zero

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reviving this post. I havent had an aquarium since this one. I did a fishless cycle but i used seeded sponge from another aquarium. I dont have Chlorine in my water since im on a well. No body but me go into my room and i never put my hand in if i handled chemicals. I thought maybe there was a lack of O2 but i added an airpump and had the same results. Heater was running fine. Dont remember the temps but they were in the green on the thermo. Still cant figure out how it happened. As of a few months ago i now have 3 aquariums running and have not had that problem since. This was the only time in 8 years at that house that i had any problems like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well the tank that had problems was setup a year or two ago so i dont recall the exact measurements for pH. This wasnt the first time i had an aquarium I know what can cause a fatality in an aquarium but this was just a really weird situation where everything checked out perfectly but nothing but 2 plecos survived even after water changes. Like i said everything is running perfectly this was the only time something like this happened in my house ever. Its not a problem anymore i was just reviving the thread because i just left it and forgot about it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.