Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 groups spawning in the same 55 gallon tank - first is pair of Juli Maleri and the 2nd is now a pair of Redfin Caudo Punks.

The Julies have been spawning for awhile and have a ton of babies all over the tank in varying sizes - the Punks just laid their first batch and the tiny babies are out and about - not sure how long they will last - no matter how diligent mom and dad are.

Going to move the Julie pair and their offspring to their own 20gal long - and leave the Punks in the 55 with some Brevis and a juvi Ink Fink Calvus and 2 Orange Comps.

Think this set up could work and actually get to see some Punks grow up ?

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Think this set up could work and actually get to see some Punks grow up ?
No. The best way to get caudo fry IME would be to give them a species only tank and pull the adults within a few days of free swimming fry. I"m convinced my adults were eating their own fry. I've talked to others that also reported same. After about a week or so of dwindling numbers of fry, the adults buried the shell as if to say be gone now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Instead of moving julies which are doing really well. Move the baby punks to 20 long let them get some age and then do something with them. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Mine never survive in a tank with calvus...they grow for a while until you think they might and then they all disappear.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys - I hear what you are saying - here are my ideas;

Julie Pair & their current babies in a 20gal long by themselves - they are a very productive pair and seem to have no issue with their other offspring and new batches - maybe find people who want to trade for some Maleiri

Set up another 20gal long as Nursery for all the other offspring that may come along - Punks, maybe Brevis pair will have a batch too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts