Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added 2 red finned borleyi to my 125 gallon tank and they both died suddenly. I added them on Friday and I did a 20% water change over the weekend and another one last night. About an hour after the change they both died within minutes of each other... I think one of my heaters might have gone and the temp might have dropped below 75. All of my water parameters tested fine and none of my other fish were affected. Are they very sensitive to temperature.

Stocking list
5 Silver Dollars
10 rainbowfish
2 peacocks
1 turq. hap
1 yellow tail acei
1 elec. yellow lab.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I did not have them in a QT tank. I think the water change may have made it too cold and about an hour later the 2 of them were dead... All of my other fish were okay. One of my peacocks is slightly aggressive, but he wasn't chasing them around.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did they come from a different water supply. A breeder I buy fish from uses well water and I have city. When I purchase fish from him I don't do any water changes for like a week then do two small ones that week instead of one larger change. It gives the fish more time to adjust. Don't know if it really matters but the new fish don't flash or freak out as much using this method.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.