Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just found one of my Demasoni dead at the bottom of the tank; and when I pulled him out it his belly was a little bit white. He didnt really look bloated or anything, but I did save him and plan to take him back to the pet shop, and maybe see if they can figure out the problem. Saturday is the day I dont feed them, and they appeared to be fine yesterday. Today I went up to the tank and they all ran up and down the glass, as usual. So I fed them, all were aggressive, and they all ate. ..Now, 5 hours later one of them is dead. All the other fish seem to be fine, and no signs of them getting fat or bloating. No other signs of abnormal behavior or anything. I checked his tail fin to see if someone had been nipping at him - since he was one of the smallest in the tank - and all his fins were fine.

The only thing I can think of is that hes bloated because of the white on his belly? ..*** never had a Dem die on me before.

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
The white is just a loss of color natural to death. Sounds like the physical body isn't going to give you any clues. :(

If he ate yesterday it probably wasn't bloat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*** been checking them out, and I dont see any red around their anuses either. There is one that has a little bit of feces hanging out of him, and it looks to be kinda red. ..But the gravel I have is red, and when he went over to the white rock it appeared to be kinda brown. SO it may not be red, I could just be paranoid! lol ..I dont see any white stringy feces tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.