Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
Really, they will probably ignore each other. But a rough active Mbuna tank may stress out the Compressiceps. If you just have an Auratus to began with... well, you need more fish.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The odds are very, very high that the M.Auratus and Frontosa will not work longterm in a 40Br.

A D. Compressiceps should be in at least a 5ft tank.

You could get another 4-5 labs and let them grow up together to form a nice breeding group where any really aggressive males get traded into the LFS.

Please read about proper husbandry or the M. Auratus here.

Please read about Frontosa keeping here.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Depends on the length of the tank and scaping. Auratus are irritable but no worst than zebras. They will mind there own business if they have a place they can call home. Now johannis are just nasty by nature no matter how much length the tank.

That tank is too small for those Haps. GoofBoy gave pretty sound advice :thumb:

·
Registered
147 Posts
the above advice is the best you could have. d. comps. grow up to a foot, and will happily eat smaller fish. also their eye biter name isnt just thrown around for no reason. i had one that reached 7 to 8 inches when i got rid of it, ate the eyes of my pleco right out of its head. the plecos still alive. and as for the agression in auratus, i dont ever have problems. the ones i have are still younger, at only around 2 to 2.5 inches, but never bother anything.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
mike1234 said:
...and as for the agression in auratus, i dont ever have problems. the ones i have are still younger, at only around 2 to 2.5 inches, but never bother anything.
Report back once a male colors up fully :wink:.

That is when the hellspawn switch is flipped.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'll be sure to, but I had an adult group with a few alto comps and they were fine up to the time I got rid of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts