Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought some Cyp. Katete ,and would love to see some pics of everyones Katete's.
I would love to see how these are going to look when they get to pre-adult-adult size.
I googled katete ,and got a few pics but would rather see some from peoples tanks.

Thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Here a pic of the first male that colored up. He's about 2.5 inches in this pic. There's another male just beginning to get his colors in the lower right. There are 5 now. In the 3 months since this photo was taken all of the katete have fattened up nicely. The julies have nearly double in size and even the slowpoke calvus have gotten noticeably bigger.

Click on photo to enlarge.

up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well they are my first cyps, so I don't have others to compare to. So far I would not describe them as aggressive, but they are still young and have not started breeding yet. The males occasionally shake and sometimes chase another male, but it doesn't amount to anything. When only 2 males were colored up one would chase the 2nd one all the time, but as soon as 5 were colored, that stopped.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks cobalt. I need to install a background, but otherwise I'm happy with it.

I had one die soon after arriving from the breeder, but it was barely alive when I got it. All the others seem very hardy and I've seen no signs of them being particularly touchy or sensitive. I've had them for about 6 months now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts