Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im switching from malawi to tanganiyika and would like to know your thoughts on what you guys think will work and or have tried and had success but im definitely going with Cyp Micro Karilani because a friend is giving me 10 at 1 1/2 inches hes been growing out

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Beautiful fish, but they are a jumbo cyp. Depending on the footprint of the tank, some of the smaller xenos (papilio, Flavipinnis etc.) would be nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would a pair of adult calvus be a bad idea to throw in
With juvenile karilani cyps lets say 10 along with
Lets say 6 juvenile multies with plenty of shells

·
Registered
153 Posts
Pile of rocks for the calvus one end, pile of shells for the multis the other, cyps mid water. Sounds alright to me.
1 1/2" cyps would be big enough to fend for themselves. Could always get smaller juvie calvus and let them grow out.
Have got cyps, multis and Julies (stay amongst their rocks and crevises) which all have their own part of the tank and don't really overlap or bother each other much.
Am looking to up-size my tank from 50gal to 150gal and want to squeeze in calvus or comps too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up with 11 cyp micro karilani juveniles
10 multies juveniles
Unfortunately only was able to get 1 calvus and was labeled as black zambian calvus also juvenile

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So lost one cyp, another one might be next,
Looks like 1 or 2 multies are picking at the cyps
I have rock piles on both ends of the tank and piles of shells for the multies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.