Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

introduced eight 1" hara yesterday. the largest one goes at it with some demasoni no more than 15 minutes after being introduced. i think it may be safe to say its a male.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Oh man, you're in for it. My initial stocking list was dems, hara, and yellow labs. I only keep hara now and I didn't trade my dems off or rehome them.....they were all murdered by my hara. I would recommend choosing the species you like best and sticking to it, you may get lucky, but I bet those hara nuke the dems.

And yes, definitely probably a male. They color up very early. I'm actually looking at three 2" hara that are fully white with black bars in my growout, right now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hope not. i added large groups while they are young hoping they would cope. most everything i read about them lead me to believe they would be fine. fortunately this was actually the worst it got between them. after a couple days they seem to be settled in nicely, mostly ignoring the other fish.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
RRasco said:
Oh man, you're in for it. My initial stocking list was dems, hara, and yellow labs. I only keep hara now and I didn't trade my dems off or rehome them.....they were all murdered by my hara. I would recommend choosing the species you like best and sticking to it, you may get lucky, but I bet those hara nuke the dems.

And yes, definitely probably a male. They color up very early. I'm actually looking at three 2" hara that are fully white with black bars in my growout, right now.
I'm surprised to hear that. Dems are typically a lot more aggressive than haras.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.