Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must have been a while since I cleaned it, the little guy was 1". :lol:

Be careful when you clean those canisters.

·
Registered
677 Posts
wow DJR...

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I've also had this happen with a cynotilapia. Not quite so big though!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I found a yellow lab when cleaning my Eheim 2028. It must have been in there at least three months. It was just under an inch.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I had that happen to a Red Zebra in a Fluval 404.

Turns out it ended up with a slightly sideways face and female. Didn't hold well first attempt.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Lol, The Yellow lab that I thought was holding must have spit cause she is eating good again now, so was thinking about checking my Eheim to see if there are any residents.

But if she has only been eating for a week would they be ok in there you think until later this week when I do my WC's and what not? Or think it would be best to crack it open asap and see?

·
Registered
705 Posts
only real way to find fry in a canister would be to have filter media with enough crud in it already that the fry wont get caught. so basically if u do ur regular filter maintenance i doubt youd find any in there. *** had it happen to me before tho so who knows. GL in the search, and congrats to those who have already found their golden eggs :p

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Who says cichlids can't live in a 2 gallon tank?

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Lol, The Yellow lab that I thought was holding must have spit cause she is eating good again now, so was thinking about checking my Eheim to see if there are any residents.
It's not common that they get sucked up in the filter, so the chances of them being in there are small. More likely, you may find a survivor or two if you take out all of the rockwork in the tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts