Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short (involves a kitten and a tank without a top) my 12 gallon will be fishless this coming week. I will have my 55 gallon up and running in about a month or 2. I will be returning the 2 Kenyi I bought(before doing my research) and was considering buying a few juveniles to have in this 12 gallon, maybe 4. I really like these fish, the Cobue variety. My questions is at the LFS how can you tell what is a Cobue vs. different variety? They are labeled with their scientific names vs. nicknames. I just don't want to purchase the wrong type and the cichlid 'expert' isn't always there so at times the employees really don't know one from another. What should I look for? Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it ok to mix Afra? After looking at them all I like the coloring on all of them. Why wouldn't one want a variety? Any negatives? Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a question. If the m:f matio is correct wouldn't the aggression be the same as if you have the same number of one type in the tank? I do not plan on intervening and saving any fry and I would not return the fish or sell. Are there any issues besides the breeding/hybrid issue? I will most likely just stick with Cobue, I am just trying to educate myself. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.