Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting together a stock list for my 75g tank ill be setting up in about 2 months. Does anyone have experience with either of these? I know for sure i want one of the two because they are stunning fish. Which would you rather have and why? Im going to be adding a breeding colony of them.

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
I'd rather have the Jalo because of the intense colors, the yellow dorsal and I believe they are more able to color up with tank mates than the cobue.

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
Both cynotilapia? Yes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
DJRansome said:
I believe they are more able to color up with tank mates than the cobue.
Hey DJ - did I mention that my cobue finally colored up in the tank with the demasoni? He's looking pretty good.

Lance - either is a great choice. I haven't kept Jalo Reef yet (hope to eventually though!) but I have cobue in one tank, nkhata bay in another, and hara in a third. Both afras are pretty reasonable about their tankmates and their aggression - the hara, on the other hand, are demon spawn through and through.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
what dj meant was, both cynotilaipia, the cobue and jalo reef, would have trouble with the chewere, which are elongatus. I have issues with my afra likomas in a 75 with chewere. but I also think I ended up with 5 male likomas to be fair, so it may not be all the chewere's fault

ps. imo I would choose the chewere over the cynos, they can stand up to more tank mates than the afras can, and they are quite beautiful, just a few minutes ago I watched one of the females get really pissed at soemone in that tank and she was fired up to a nice color, looked like a male, but with more light blue than the dark blue/black

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
There is an afra that is from Chewere. Since elongatus had not been mentioned in the thread, I thought the question was about combining afra from two collection points.

I would not expect a Jalo to have a problem with elongatus, but I've never tried the combination.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DJRansome said:
There is an afra that is from Chewere. Since elongatus had not been mentioned in the thread, I thought the question was about combining afra from two collection points.

I would not expect a Jalo to have a problem with elongatus, but I've never tried the combination.
Yeah I could have been more specific....Thanks for your advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts