Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think this is a issue just want to verify this. Just wondering if my tank will be going trough a cycling process. Its a 25 h with 2 hob filters. Its been setup for several years. I removed all the fish and put them in a different tank. I took about 1/4 of the gravel out (also rinsed it) and added 20lbs of the carib sea eco plant substrate then placed the rest of the gravel on top. Before I placed the added the caribsea and gravel back in I siphoned the gravel real good and removed about 1/2 the water and replaced it. Since it was a mess I cleaned one of the hobs and the filter pad and placed it back in. In the next day or 2 Im going to clean the other hob filter with a new filter pad. I've ordered 8 plants which will be here in a couple days. Was planning on adding a pair of rams the following day. Just wanted to verify that there should not be any cycling. I've not check for amonia or nitrites yet but plan to in a couple days. Thanks

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I would not clean the other HOB for a couple weeks.

...Bill

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Planning on getting a pair of rams this weekend if the water test OK and the plants come in Friday as scheduled. The fish that were in the tank are ps. salousi are in a bigger tank is permanent. To be on the safe side I may go with a small school of small tetras don't know what yet and add the rams later to make sure everything is stable. On the otherside my lfs suppose to have gotten about 18 rams today in so I would have a good amount to choose from. Of course they can always get more if needed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll defiently measure them daily untill I buy the fish and I'll not clean the other filter untill a couple weeks. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Off Topic but...Dont forget Petsmart has a 1$ Tetra sale till end of January.

I got 10 Black Neons and 10 Bueno Aires. That are healthy and beautiful.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks i'll defiently check out the tetra sale. Was thinking about flame tetras should look good with the black gravel.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife went to petsmart for me and I gave her a list of tetras too choose from (looking for $1 tetras) and told her to get me 4 or 5 of them. She said the only fish on my list was the black neons however she bought the longfin red minor tetra. (was not on the list) she said they looked better.Looks like a serpae tetra. My plans was to get 2 rams and 1 angelfish. If the serpae become nippers. I'll transfer them to my African Cichlid tank and they can nip on their fins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts