Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about 6 months I have maintained a fully cycled 55 gal with about 15 various Peacocks. I had two OTB Marineland 400 filters and one wave maker. Loads of Texas Holey Rock. Ammonia was zero and Nitrates between 5 and 10. I recently switched to a 125. During the transition (approx 3 hr) I kept the OTBs and Holey Rock moist with aquarium water and wet towels to maintain as much beneficial bacteria as I could. Since establishing the new 125...about 1 week, my NH4 is still zero, nitrites and nitrates still zero...Do you feel this still has to cycle??!! or.........not likely but do feel the parameters are ideal based on my precautions??? Thank you...ps.. I'm still using the OTBs temporarily trying to seed as much bacterial along with two FX 6s

·
Super Moderator
40,529 Posts
I would keep the established filters for 2 weeks. The larger tank can support the same bioload as the 55G.

If you increase the bioload in the 125G you will monitor test results daily to ensure there is no ammonia or nitrite reading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.