Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up another 6ft tank and looking at keeping some Cyathopharynx Furcifer or Foai.
Could I ask you guys for your suggestions of the most striking colored ones to look at getting.

Any pictures or sites you could provide would be great..

Cheers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Personally I like foai more than furcifer. What colors are you looking for exactly? Can't really go wrong with Sibwesa, kabogo, kafyoka. All foai look amazing it just depends on your personal preference.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
I'd go with foai, but make sure you see the adults first. I wanted and bought what was labeled as foai, and they turned out to be furcifer. Foai tend to have the darker, marbled bodies. Furcifer generally have bluish fins, silver body, gold heads. There are exceptions and some that seem to have traits of both. You may even see some listed as 'furcifer/foai'. Again, ask to see the adults, even if just pics.

I'd suggest putting together a list of what's available, and go from there. They can be hard to come by. No point in picking out a first choice only to find it's not available. See Species profiles for some pics.

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts