Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I've come up with for a custom outlet for my canister filters. I needed something that would hang over my 3" background.

The question I have is do you think it is ok to just leave it hanging over the rim or should it be secured in some way?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is under by about 2 inches.

·
Banned
406 Posts
I think youll be fine.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Once filled with water and operating the tubing and outlet will be pretty heavy and not prone to knocking off. Good shape without tying down which makes the occasional cleaning more work.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
If you want to change the way the water enters the tank, there is a pretty easy way to get a different pattern. Add a plastic cap on the pipe end and drill or cut holes to change the spray pattern like a hose nozzle might. I don't glue the cap on as I always think I might want to stuff a brush in to clean the pipe. I put the cap on and then drill a hole through both sides of the cap and pipe together. I then bend a wire "pin" to put through these holes to fasten the cap. If I ever need to clean the pipe, the cap comes off and replaces easy. Paperclips work for the pin but need to be replaced when they rust too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts