Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Satellite that I've been using for my 75 gallon. It's great and it does a great job lighting my tank:

But I went to add a couple of labs yesterday and turned my lights off like you're supposed to for a while before and after the fish are added to reduce stress and aggression and when I went to turn it back on it did this:

Any thoughts on what the problem is? Ballast? Wiring? I'm not an electrician but I'm hoping I can get this fixed. Any and all ideas/advice is welcome!

Additional: it most likely is not the bulbs, one is old and one is less than 3 weeks old, they have been swapped places and no difference is seen.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It's funny how a flouresent shop lite for $20.00 from HD or Lowes will last for 10 years over a fish tank but a $200.00 or more aqaurium flouresent light will last 1.5 to 3 years? or is it just me? :?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to agree with you that the aquarium industry is terribly overpriced for things easily found elsewhere (home depot vinyl tubing, pfs, landscaping company stones, etc), but this light is around 10 years old and this is the first problem I've ever had with it. I think I undersold the term old in my original post haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts