Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used 48-60" Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus light for next to nothing and all seemed to work well but I noticed it wasn't as bright as I thought it'd be. When I flipped it over and gave it a good look through I found out the blue, green, and white lights all work but the reds don't come on. I've emailed Current and am awaiting a response but was wondering if anyone here had this issue or had some troubleshooting tips.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Could be the remote, I have the same strip, bought it new and the 'mote is junk. Have you tried the storm/cloud settings? if you see orange or purple, the LEDs are working and it's the remote.

·
Registered
767 Posts
We own a few of these lights. They work great for our use. Had quite a few leds burn out on one of them at the 2 year mark. Not sure the leds can be replaced. Current went way beyond what was required and replaced the light.
One main difference between you and us, we were the original owners and had proof of purchase/receipt. And Current did ask for it.
Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heard back from Current this afternoon, they asked for a photo, shipping address, and serial number. I replied with that info and they got back to me saying the warranty was approved and they'd be sending me a replacement that I'd receive in 7-10 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts