Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I procured a trio of Vieja Synispilum a few months ago (around August/Sept) and all were about 1.5"-2" at that time (total mouth to tail length). Now, a few short months later, two of them have barely grown at all (maybe solid 2.25" if I'm generous), whereas one of them has grown to 3.5-4"

So - what's going on there? Is the big one a male? Or are they just growing at different rates? or which?

Just curious - my plan is to ditch two of them when they start developing good coloration so that I can keep the prettiest, but at the current rate I will have one full grown adult and two that have barely grown at all leaving me wondering if I go ahead and trade those two in.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Just a dominant male growing faster than the rest most likely. I have a group of five V. regani that I've had since they were 1" in size...they have always been in the same tanks together, so have gotten the same tank care, food, etc. The dominant and subdominant males are both twice the size of the other three.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.