Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently my azureus isnt too smart, he keeps trying to mate with my Copadichromis trewavasae? Its been going on for about a month now, my Trewavasae has colour coming in so i know its a male for sure, his face is completely blue now. My Azureus goes to a cave and shakes in front of my Trewavasae does the little slow spin around him, and my Trewavasae just picks up sand and spits it then moves along! When will the Azureus realize its a male???

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no lol he is actually trying to mate with him! He moves everyone out of the way, chases my whole tank so that this Trewavasae goes into his cave then does the mating dance but the Trewavasae wants nothing to do with him.

I'll take a video to show you.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Let's see the video. :popcorn:

I agree with other members, I'd expect it to look like aggression. Aggression can look almost exactly like spawning except the circles are faster. The vibrating looks the same IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its an all male tank, i want no females! haha

DJRansome, *** had fish spawn in my tank before i went to all male, its definitely not aggression, my Azureus gets aggressive towards the other tank mates because he wants to mate with this guy apparently? lol Its the slow shaky circles in a cave never out in the open.

Let me see if i can catch them doing this with a camera

1 - 6 of 6 Posts