Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been keeping tropical fish for many years but am new to African cichlids, I have been doing a lot of research and planning to set up a new peacock tank and I always read to make sure to not have 2 fish that look anything alike. My question is how do some people stock their tank with 40 or so peacocks and haps that look nothing alike with numbers that great they must have to have some fish that r very similar

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
I have been keeping tropical fish for many years but am new to African cichlids, I have been doing a lot of research and planning to set up a new peacock tank and I always read to make sure to not have 2 fish that look anything alike. My question is how do some people stock their tank with 40 or so peacocks and haps that look nothing alike with numbers that great they must have to have some fish that r very similar
If you have a very large tank you could get away with 3 of each in some cases.

Some people show a pic of a tank at a moment in time, but you have no way of knowing if the tank has been peaceful with the current stock for two years or more.

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
I have not had a lot of luck with three males of each in a 125G...even with timid species and mixed gender. so 3m:9f...that type of thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts