Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone identify this disease?

I'm trying to save an Electric Blue Jack I got from someone. Treated him fir 2 weeks with Metroplex, added carbon for a few days, than treated with Prazipro for 7 days. I saw white feces in the beginning so I tackled the interior parts first. 3 weeks ago he wasn't eating but started eating in my tank in a few days. He was also as skinny as a sheet of paper. His front parts have filled nicely, he really eats! Ph and hardness is where they need to be for an electric blue 6.8/7, gh 10+, kh around 3-5.

He's always had a yellowish color since he got sick, it immediately started going away when i began the metro. There's a bit left, and he's still skinny in the back side. Should I try a specialized bacterial medicine like Kanaplex or just leave him be for now. Thx.

PS: he also had spinal looking issues but they've gone away, mostly, he's 90% better.

20190729_185806.jpg

·
Registered
641 Posts
If he's eating and improving I would hold for now. What's your nitrate reading and water change frequency?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there, person's water was disgusting, once a week 10% water changes and relying on aqua clear filters, which are the worst filters to use as main filters. Decent secondary filters though. Anyhow showed him how it's done, 30-40% water change per week like mine. I have sponge filters, one medium fine, one coarse with powerhead always have about 5-20ppm nitrates. I dropped in a bit of Polyguard last night.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sounds good. How's the jack dempsey doing, still improving I hope?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ken31cay said:
Sounds good. How's the jack dempsey doing, still improving I hope?
I'm actually seeing him more active and healthy today, i gave up when i saw his eyes getting bit cloudier than when i got him and was looking for Kanaplex but I'm all out so added some Polyuard and today there's no cloudiness in the eyes. Lucky the small spinal deformity left also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts