Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i currently have two male albino convicts and two female (black and white) convicts, im just wandering is it possible for the albino and the other ones to breed or is this impossible? I am interested in breeding these convicts and if i need to i will go and buy a male/female depending on what i need! Thanks for your advice!!!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Sure it’s possible for them to form pairs and spawn…

Chances are the offspring will all look black and white but if you spawn the offspring from each pair to one another… their offspring will be about half albino…

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I've never heard of "pure gray" convicts you will probably get some of each as the "pink" gene is recessive. every pair of grays I have had gave me pinks as well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oh you bet they will spawn together. They are cons (the under-water equivalent to rabbits), just you try and stop them from mating! :lol: I had this combo once and the fry came out looking like the black male. I would just say to be careful what you do with mixed fry. IMO the last thing this hobby needs is more mixed fish in LFS's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your help, hopefully i can get my albino male to breed with my zebra female :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts